Welcome to the Mississippi Parent Training and Information Center!
"Everything we do is designed to help parents and families of children with disabilities be the leading voice in planning their child’s road to success."
If you are the parent or family member of a child with a disability, age birth to 26, our job is to provide your family with information, resources, support and training that allows you to help your child meet his or her educational goals.
We are also here to help you learn about what he or she needs to lead a productive and independent adult life.
The MSPTI is here to help you:
- Learn about your Rights and Responsibilities under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Make informed decisions about your child's Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
- Obtain appropriate services for your child
- Communicate more effectively with school professionals
- Come together with other parents who share your concerns and desires to make a difference
- Learn more about Early Intervention and transition services
- Effect positive change in your child's school
Meet some of our friends and partners that help us achieve our mission!
Realizing Excellence for ALL Children in Mississippi (REACH MS) is Mississippi's State Personnel Development Grant which focuses on supporting school-wide and district-wide implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. Awarded to the Mississippi Department of Education in 2005, the grant is operated by the University of Southern Mississippi's Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Special Education.
Native American Parent Technical Assistance Center
If you would like to support the great work of our project, make a donation today!
100% of your donation will go towards the training and education of parents and families of children with disabilities!
We thank you for your support!
Website Translation Here
Traduccion de Sitos Web Aqui
Content on this site was produced, in part, with grant funds from the U.S. Department of Education, under CFDA # 84.328M. The content herein does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Education, any other agency of the U.S. government, or any other source.
Assistance for Military Families Here!